Shirt into dress. Simples. So we had a go. We went out and bought a shirt from the charity shop. We found a brand new one for £3.50. We found some beautiful stretchy in a clearance basket for 40p. We found a couple of pieces of lilac ribbon in the ribbon basket. We had us the makings of a dress.
I used one of her existing dresses and drew round it. I ensured the bottom utilised the existing seams and that I added additional allowance for gathering of sleeve and neck. Side seams were all sewn. Shoulders sewn. Elastic casing for neck and arms was made.
I actually decided that I preferred this dress as a button back dress – the picture we’d seen thad them at the front, but we have reversed it. Monkeymoo was really pleased with the result and has worn it quite a few times!